Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nani Power's Feed the Hungry: A Memoir with Recipes

Nani will be visiting this blog soon for an interview. In the meantime, I have an extra copy of her new memoir to give to anyone who'd like it. The first person who posts a comment or sends me an e-mail requesting it, gets it.

Nani on cooking and writing: "These impulses, cooking and writing come from the basic seed of love. We have been moved, touched, by the sensual experience of a great meal, a moving book. We would like somehow to harness this power and give it to others…stories start to tumble out as quickly as the memories of food, because they are all intertwined, food and memory, love and taste, all piecemeal of this lovely sensual world we live in…"

You can read more excerpts and see family photos on her father's blog.

2 comments:

Gina Hyams said...

Ariel gets the book...and since she's local, gets a jar of pickles to go with it!

Tana Butler said...

Darn! See what happens when I don't read my blog subscriptions quickly enough! And I'm still 1400 behind!

The book looks great: I read her father's blog, too.

Thanks for the heads up.