Saturday, June 20, 2009

Spring Radish Spread

Radishes, radishes, radishes. I've been enjoying them the French way lately, sprinkled with sea salt on a sweet-buttered baguette. Today I'm going to try this recipe that I picked up at the local farmers' market.

Grammar note: I spell farmers' market with an apostrophe at the end, but the below is how the referenced cookbook and this particular market seem to spell it. Any copy editors care to weigh in?

Spring Radish Spread

1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
1 - 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
4 cleaned radish leaves
1 teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 - 2 bunches red radishes
crackers, tortilla chips, or French bread

Mix all ingredients except crackers in medium bowl or food processor to desired consistency. Cover and refigerate 1/2 hour. Serve with crackers, chips, or crusty French bread. Makes 2 - 3 cups.

P.S. We don't have a food processor, so I'm going to shred the radishes.

No comments: