Sunday, November 30, 2008

Twitter Update


"Blog to reflect. Tweet to connect."

I don't know where this quote originated. I read it via Debbie Stier whose Twitter stream I stumbled upon a few days ago -- how I don't remember, I just liked that in her profile, she described her profession as "Publishing Insurgent."

I figured out how to feed my Twitter updates to this blog (see right), so those of you who don't want to join the fray can still get a taste of it and click as you like on the various interesting links that pass through.

RT = retweet, meaning one is forwarding on someone else's post. @whatever name = who one is responding to or talking about. Out of context, the posts may not make much sense. That's OK. Just let the experience of reading them wash over you and whatever pleasure or horror sticks, that's the point.

My friend Susan Ito blogged about the appeal of Twitter and Facebook today.
She wrote, "I was always a sucker for passing notes in class, and writing observations in a notebook a la Harriet the Spy, and this is the grownup, high tech version of that." Exactly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gina - how did you do that?? I'm not on blogger anymore, I'm on Wordpress, and I am not sure I want my Tweets on my blog, but still, I am VERY impressed you figured that out!!

Gina Hyams said...

I just googled my way by searching on something like "how to add Twitter to Blogger" and then found my way to a Twitter "badge" site that made it easy.

Paige Orloff said...

I love how into (addicted to?) Twitter you've become after your initial skepticism.

Kelly said...

That's it - why I like Twitter. It all goes back to Harriet the Spy. I loved Harriet and her notebook.